Department of Banking & Financial Management
Angelos A. Antzoulatos, Professor of Banking
Diploma, Mechanical Engineering (National Technical University of Athens)
ΜΒΑ Finance (STERN School of Business, New York University)
Ph.D. Economics & International Business (STERN School of Business, New York University)
|Τηλέφωνο||(+30) 188.8.131.52 (+30) 184.108.40.206|
|Ώρες Γραφείου:||Χειμερινό Εξάμηνο 2019 – 2020:|
Professor Antzoulatos joined the Department of Banking & Financial Management in March 1999 as Associate Professor and was promoted to Professor in December 2003. He has served as Director of the M.Sc. Program (6/1999 – 1/2002), Deputy Department Chairman (9/2001 – 8/2007) and Vice-Rector of the University of Piraeus (9/2002 – 8/2005).
He has taught both undergraduate and graduate courses at STERN and the Department, and worked in the research department of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. At STERN, he received the Herman E. Kroos Best Ph.D. Dissertation Award (1992) and two STERN-Citibank awards for excellence in teaching (1992, 1995).
His current research interests focus on Banking, Financial Crises and Financial Stability.
- Governments, Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy (in Greek, 878 pages, 23cm x 29cm, ΔΙΠΛΟΓΡΑΦΙΑ, Athens, October 2011)
- Σύντομος οδηγός στον ολισθηρό(τατο) δρόμο του Grexit
- ‘Green’ Banking – Business opportunities with social responsibility
- Policy Responses to the European Debt Crisis – Treating the ‘Symptoms’ or the ‘Disease’?, Panoeconomicus, Vol. 59, No. 5, 2012 (December), pp. 529 – 552, (lead article – by invitation).
- “Banking – Trends (before) and Prospects (after the Crisis)” (in Greek), pp. 193 – 205 in the collective volume The Global Crisis, the Eurozone Crisis and the Greek Financial System (greek title: Η Διεθνής Κρίση, η Κρίση στην Ευρωζώνη και το Ελληνικό Χρηματοπιστωτικό Σύστημα) edited by G.K. Hardouvelis and C.V. Gortsos, Hellenic Bank Association, June 2011.
- Greece in 2010: A Tragedy Without(?) Catharsis, International Advances in Economic Research, Vol. 17, No. 3, 2011, pp. 241-257 (lead article).
- Supply of Capital and Capital Structure: The Role of Financial Development (with C. Koufopoulos, C. Lambrinoudakis and E. Tsiritakis), Journal of Corporate Finance, 2016
- Institutions, Moral Hazard and Expected Government Support of Banks (with C. Tsoumas), Journal of Financial Stability, Vol. 15, 2014 (December), pp. 161 – 171
- “Financial Development and Household Portfolios – Evidence from Spain, the U.K. and the U.S.A.” (with C. Tsoumas), forthcoming, Journal of International Money and Finance, Vol. 29, 2010, pp. 300-314.
- “Do Financial Systems Converge?” (with E.Panopoulou and C. Tsoumas), Review of International Economics, Vol.19, No. 1, 2011, pp. 122–136.
- “Financial Structure and Industrial Structure” (with N. Apergis & C. Tsoumas), Bulletin of Economic Research, Vol. 63, No. 2, 2011 (April), pp. 109 – 139.
- The Enigma of Non-Interest Income Convergence (with E.Panopoulou and C. Tsoumas), Applied Financial Economics, Vol. 21, No. 17, 2011 (September), pp. 1309 – 1316.
- The valuation benefits of inclusion in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (with Th. Syrmos)
- Expected government support of banks and market discipline by shareholders (with D. Karanastasis)
- Sustainable Banks – Prudent and Profitable (with Th. Syrmos and Ch. Tsoumas)
- “Income, Modernization and Property Rights Institutions” (with Ch. Stefanadis and Ch. Tsoumas)
- Financial Development and Asymmetric Information (with Ch. Tsoumas and D. Kyriazis)
- Asymmetric Information and the Medium of Payment in US Takeover Bids (with Ch. Tsoumas and D. Kyriazis)
- Bank Valuation – The Dark Side of Prudence (με τον Δ. Καραναστάση)
- “Understanding Financial Crises and their Resolution – A Unified Framework”