UNIVERSITY OF PIRAEUS
DEPARTMENT OF BANKING AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
ENGLISH SPOKEN GRADUATE PROGRAM IN BANKING AND FINANCIAL MARKETS
The Department of Banking and Financial Management of the University of Piraeus invites potential candidates to apply for the academic year 2012-2013 to its launched English spoken Graduate Program in:
M. Sc. in BANKING AND FINANCIAL MARKETS
Eligible to apply are graduates of Greek Higher Education Institutions or foreign Higher Education Institutions which have been recognized by the Greek state as equivalent. In the case of foreign degrees official recognition by Hellenic NARIC is mandatory for participation in the Program (please see the website of Hellenic NARIC http://www.doatap.gr). The Program design allows only the enrolment of full-time students. At the time of application, the candidate is required to provide evidence that he/she has already initiated the recognition process (Number of Protocol).
The duration of the Program is at least two consecutive semesters and courses are expected to initiate in October 2012. All students enrolled in this Master’s Program must successfully complete the four (4) core courses in the first semester and the four (4) elective courses in the second semester. Finally, they start writing their thesis in the second semester (plus the summer time). The tuition fees are 6000 euros . The minimum annual number of students for the Program to start is twenty five (25).
The application period begins on February 1st and ends on May 31th, 2012. Applicants are required to submit:
- An application form (downloaded from: http://bankfin.unipi.gr)
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- A certified copy of the applicant’s first degree
- A certified copy of applicant’s official University grades transcript
- Official translations into Greek of documents 3 and 4 are required when the original documents are in a language other than Greek
- Proof of excellent knowledge of English language [Proficiency, IELTS, TOEFL or a University degree on English Language and Literature or a degree from an English Speaking University (if the University is located in a non-English speaking country, applicants should also attach a certificate from the University certifying that all courses were taught in English)]
- GMAT score, minimum 550
- Two recommendation letters written in English or Greek (have an original signature and stamp of the relevant institution and should be attached to the application in a sealed envelope with the referee’s signature over the flap
- 6 photos
- Copy of passport (for Greek candidates police identity)
- Simple photocopies of other supporting documents e.g knowledge of other foreign languages, seminar attendance certificates, publications, etc
Please note that the GMAT test is a requirement. Make sure that official results are sent directly to University of Piraeus, Department of Banking and Financial Management, code number: Z5C-QH-32. Please note that the excellent knowledge of English is also a requirement. Candidates are expected either to possess the Proficiency of English (Cambridge or Michigan) or to submit excellent result in either TOEFL (at least 230 in the computer-based test or 570 in the paper-based test or 88 in the internet-based) or IELTS (at least 7). TOEFL results should be sent directly to University of Piraeus, Department of Banking and Management, code number: 4142)
Fundamental elements of the evaluation concerned in descending order: a) degree (45 % weighting factor), b) GMAT score (35 % weighting factor) and c) English language (20 % weighting factor).
Applications can be submitted from February 1st to May 31th, 2012 (post stamped) to :
University of Piraeus, Department of Banking and Financial Management, English spoken Graduate Program in Banking and Financial Markets, 80 Karaoli & Dimitriou 80, 18534, Piraeus, Greece.
For more information, please conduct the Secretariat Office:
· Secretariat Office: 08.30 am – 20.00 pm → Tel.: 0030-210 414 2183, 0030-210 414 2323, 0030-210 4142153, 0030-2104142156 Fax: 0030-210 4142341